Quick exit

Click on the link below to go to Google in case you want to exit quickly our page. Safe navigation is our priority.

Go to Google

Our Team

Our solicitors are strongly committed to work towards the best safeguard for victims giving you legal advice you can trust

Your solicitors

Contact us

We can help whether you want an emergency injunction, a non-molestation order or an occupation order

Find us

Helpful links

In the following page you can find information about supportive organisations that can help you to improve your situation

Learn More

At WTB Solicitors our experienced solicitors have been helping victims of domestic abuse for years. We know you will need clear advice on protective orders as well as practical advice about housing, benefits and immigration. We can offer all of this help under one roof as we have a full range of specialist services.

Our family solicitors can provide you with tailored advice including:

  • Obtaining an emergency injunction
  • Ensuring that contact arrangements between your partner and your children are safe
  • Helping you obtain a divorce or dissolution
  • Resolving any financial matters

Emergency Injunctions – Non-Molestation and Occupation Orders

There are two types of orders that could help you; non molestation orders and occupation orders.

There is a long list of who can apply for one of these orders and it covers most family relationships. If you:

      • are or have been married, civil partners or lived together
      • have agreed to marry or enter into a civil partnership
      • have a child together
      • have been in a intimate personal relationship for a significant time
      • have lived in the same household
      • are relatives

Our qualified solicitors will be able to tell you immediately if you are able to apply for an order.

Non-Molestation Order

A non-molestation order is an order made by the court which prohibits a person from molesting the other person or a child. “Molestation” includes lots of different kinds of behaviour from physical violence and threatening behaviour to harassment and intimidation. The court will consider all of the circumstances including the need to secure the health, safety and well being of you and your children.

If a non-molestation order is made and your partner breaches the order they can be arrested by the police. A breach of a non-molestation order is a criminal offence punishable by up to 5 years in prison.

Occupation Order

An occupation order is an order which regulates how the family home is occupied. These orders are serious as they have the power to exclude someone from a home that they are entitled to live in. An occupation order can be tailored to your needs and can require your partner to let you enter and live in a property; exclude your partner from the property or an area around your property. There are a number of different ways in which people can make an application for an occupation order and our experienced solicitors can give you advice tailored to your individual circumstances.

If you live in a rented property we can help you to secure the tenancy and ensure that your partner cannot end the tenancy without you knowing.

Help after you’ve left an abusive relationship

We know that once you are safe you will need to take steps to sort out all the issues that stem from breakdown of your relationship.