WTB Solicitors understand that you want safe navigation. Please click the link and it will redirect you to Google
We are leading solicitors who have been committed to Legal Aid for more than 20 years. Meet our family lawyers here
At WTB Solicitors we are committed to legal aid. Contact us to check if you are eligible to get it for your case
If you are suffering from domestic abuse and need shelter for you and your children you can find help in Manchester
Legal Aid can help you pay for legal advice, mediation or representation in court if you cannot afford it. You can check if you are able to obtain legal aid for your problem by completing the online eligibility calculator.
Legal Aid is available for emergency domestic violence injunctions if you are on a low income. Contact us now on 0161 224 3311 to discuss your situation with a qualified solicitor, urgent appointments can be arranged and we can often secure an order within 24 hours.
If you are on a low income, and do not have any savings, then legal aid can also cover all our family and children law services if you can provide evidence showing one of the following:
- Your former partner has a criminal conviction for a domestic violence offence against you
- Your former partner has received a police caution
- There are ongoing proceedings against your former partner for a domestic violence offence against you.
- A Court has granted an injunction to protect you from your former partner.
- Your former partner gave an undertaking (promise) to the court not to harass or threaten you.
- You have been subject to a MARAC plan.
- A judge has made a “finding of fact”.
- A health professional has seen injuries or knows you have a condition caused by your former partner subjecting you to domestic violence.
- Social services have assessed you as being at risk of domestic violence.
- You have spent at least 24 hours in a domestic violence refuge.
- Your former partner has been released on police bail for a domestic violence offence
- A Domestic Violence Protection Order has been made to protect you
- You have been referred to domestic violence support services by a health professional
- You have tried, but have not been able to access, refuge accommodation.
Most of the above criteria must have happened within the last 24 months for them to be accepted by the Legal Aid Agency. This list is complicated and our highly trained solicitors can give you more guidance. Please call us on 0161 224 3311 for more details and to find out how we can help you.
Dealing with domestic violence and the end of a relationship can be an extremely stressful and emotionally difficult time. We also understand that the additional pressure of paying for legal advice can be daunting. We offer a range of payment options so you can get the help you need; from easy fixed fees to a more traditional hourly rate basis. We are happy to try and find the best solution to suit you. Please contact us on 0161 224 3311 to speak to one of our team.