WTB Solicitors LLP seek an experienced legal Secretary to work in our busy family law department. Previous experience working in a family law department is essential as this is an opportunity to provide a high level of secretarial support to our team of busy family law fee earners in our high street practice dealing with both public and private family law cases.
The successful applicant will deal with the following responsibilities;
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to fee earners to include managing and maintaining files from opening to archiving.
- Handling telephone enquiries and taking messages
- Production of letters and legal documents including court forms and statements
- Working from notes and digital dictation
- Using a diary management system and making appointments
- Copying, scanning and faxing, including preparation of large court bundles filing and other general administration work.
- Occasional reception support
What we are looking for;
- Excellent secretarial and administration experience including strong typing skills and a knowledge of family law terminology
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and experience of using case management systems would be advantageous
- A good standard of education and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Some knowledge of legal process would be advantageous
- A willingness to learn and the ability to pick up processes quickly and effective
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines
- The ability to work on one’s own initiative
What we offer in return;
In return we can offer you a positive work environment, and an attractive benefits package which includes a competitive salary.
If you would like to apply for the role please send your CV and covering letter to Claire Kaye by email: Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Legal Secretary Position” in the subject bar
Closing Date : 8th July 2016